Happy Tuesday, y’all! The week is just beginning but it seems like it’s already going to be busier then ever at work and at home. It is my sons 12th birthday Saturday so we will be celebrating all weekend long. Between that, a busy week at work, and just life in general, we all could probably use a reminder to not worry. Many of us probably need that reminder daily (I know I do!). I read this scripture from Philippians 4:6-7 that spoke to me, being the worry wart that I am, and I wanted to share that with all of you.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends
all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds
in Christ Jesus”
Do you ever stay up late at night laying in bed, wondering the what if’s and what could have beens? Rather than wasting time working yourself into a spiral of stress, you can cast those cares onto God and he will take care of them for you. No need to be worrying over things you can’t change; rather than planning for doomsday, if you obey the command of telling God what’s worrying you, he will give you peace in your heart and soul.
I for one am the type of person that can get anxious over the smallest of things and my husband hates when I do that because then I am nothing but a stressed out mess. Just imagine how I feel when I am anxious about something big– it’s ridiculous! I am trying to calm myself this year by doing the weekly prayer project and on a daily basis, casting my worries to God. So far it seems to be helping; I feel more at peace and can get through my days easier. A less stressed out me= a happier wife and momma and everybody knows the saying happy wife, happy life! My husband always says that to our friends and it’s true! When I’m happy, we are all happy. Not to brag or anything, but my husband always makes sure I am happy and taken care of and I am more grateful for that than anything else. He is the best possible husband to live this thing called life with and I thank God everyday for him being in my life. See that there?! Another reference to casting my worries and thoughts to God because I gotta let him know how happy I am he placed Ben in my life all those years ago!
Anyways, I don’t want to make this a sappy post (we will save that for cupids special day next month). I would rather know I gave some of you peace of mind that we are capable of more then worrying throughout our days. So, let me leave you with these 10 tidbits about life:
- Happiness comes from within. Always.
- Everything is temporary. Things change. It all flows through.
- It’s okay to be sad sometimes. It’s alright to allow yourself to feel those shitty emotions sometimes, really. Bottling them up is toxic and won’t make you feel any better. I promise.
- You are a direct reflection of the people you surround yourself with.
- Always double the chocolate chips in cookies!
- The model in that photo you see doesn’t even really look like the model in that photo.
- It’s okay to take time for yourself. Really. Especially us mommas.
- What other people think of you doesn’t really matter at all.
- You can do anything you set your mind to. Your potential is limitless, if you believe it is.
- Things will get better, they always do. Why? Because this life we live that God has given us is great.
Don’t worry, be happy, & enjoy the rest of your Tuesday loves! I’ll be back tomorrow with a #WhatUpWednesday post!
P.S. Leave a comment below about what worries you and how you handle those worries, we can chat!